Online Summer Camp FAQ
- What is the daily / weekly schedule? Each summer camp is one week long (Monday - Friday, 5 camp-days total, except where otherwise indicated).
For all available camps, campers can enroll in the morning session and/or the afternoon session. The morning session is from 9am to 12pm, and the afternoon session is from 1pm to 4pm. If a camper is signed up for both the morning and afternoon sessions, they will have lunchtime period from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.
"VEX V5 Team Boot Camp" is a full-day camp only. There is no Zoom Meeting during the lunch break period (12pm - 1pm).
- Is there an extended day option? No.
- My child has never built a robot or programmed a computer before. Is that OK? Yes. Rolling Robots prides itself in teaching children of all learning backgrounds the core concepts of STEM, robotics, and computer coding. No prior experience is required except for in a few advanced camps. In addition, please use the age guidelines listed when enrolling your child so that he/she will have the best experience possible.
- My child is a very advanced, high-tech wizard. Will they be bored? Maybe for about 5 minutes when we are getting everyone started. Our camps are designed to encourage open creativity and deep exploration, so once your child is engaged in the process they will be challenged to a degree appropriate to their level of skill and experience. Please feel free to contact us immediately if your child is not engaged the camp and we can help you find a better fit.
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio? We aim for 6-8 campers per instructor to ensure that each child gets the attention and instruction that they need.
- Do I pay the full amount up front? Yes, but you can add additional sessions later as long as space is still available.
- What is your cancellation / refund policy? To request a cancellation of your summer camp, you MUST email us at email@example.com.
Please let us know if you want to switch to a different camp during the same week or for later in the summer. If you must cancel, we offer two options: (1) Full store credit can be issued to you in form of gift card in your email. (2) Refund back to your credit card minus a $25 processing fee.
This policy applies immediately after we receive your order.
- Is there a discount if I sign up for multiple sessions? Yes. After the first camp in each order, each additional camp booked will receive a discount that will apply automatically at checkout. This discount will only be awarded for 2 or more camps purchased in the same order, and it may not apply when other offers or promotions codes are used.
- Is there a sibling/friend discount? Yes. See the rules for discounts on purchasing multiple camps above.
- In the event of a store credit refund, when do I receive my store credit and how does it work? For all questions regarding store credit, please see our separate Store Credit FAQ page.
- Do you have camp during spring or winter break? Yes, Rolling Robots offers Winter Camps around the Christmas and New Year holidays and Spring Camps when schools are on spring break.